Fri, Oct 06|
Loyola Retreat House Inc
ITE Fall Retreat: Be More
A weekend retreat in the spirit of St. Pope John Paul II
Time & Location
Oct 06, 6:00 PM – Oct 08, 12:00 PM
Loyola Retreat House Inc, 700 Killinger Rd, Clinton, OH 44216
About The Event
What if you ran away for a weekend with Jesus and it changed everything forever?
The ITE Project is overjoyed to announce its fall retreat -- Be More -- a retreat in the spirit of St. Pope John Paul II. Not only can you expect all of the incredible hospitality and standards you expect during ITE retreats like daily Masses, Adoration, confessions, and spiritual direction with priests, you will also benefit from young adult-centric talks offered by some of the best priests in our diocese!
Becoming More You: Hobbies and Friends Matter with Father Mark Ott
Embracing the nature of who you are and digging into what makes you so incredibly you. How your friends and your hobbies and free time matter to eternity and some guidance in discerning whether you are in the right space or not. Father Mark Ott is an incredibly gifted teacher and priest at St. Mary Seminary and an avid adventurer whose gentle nature draws his audiences close in communion.
Becoming More: Less is More with Father David Verbsky
Learn how the Enemy uses his weapons of Anxiety and Fear to influence you to overcommit your life, burn yourself out, and thus live less brightly. Ways to discern when you are overcommitted, guidance in discerning what matters, and a practical how-to of letting go. This talk aims to teach you to be at peace in the present and not in the past or future. A recently ordained priest, Father David Verbsky spent many years living a secular life fraught with worry. Shortly after discovering Catholicism, he felt a call to the priesthood and entered in his mid-adult life. As such, his talks are friendly and relatable to many.
Becoming More: Foundations of the Christian Life with Father Matthew Pfeiffer
How to create a rule of life, committing to it, and what to do when it begins to fade. Assess your current daily prayer commitments and discern what God is calling of you at this stage in your life. Father Pfeiffer is steeped in wisdom particularly in Ignatius spirituality and a fantastic teacher making his rules of discernment accessible for all.
Beyond More: Living Big-Souled in a Big World with Father Fr. Anthony Simone
This talk features magnanimity or basically the courage of living an authentic Christian life. A "how-to" on living the Gospel daily with your family, friends, and neighbors. The Blessed Mother's life will be a model of what our lives might look like.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (August 2, 2023)
Due to the generosity of ITE benefactors, this retreat will be offered at HALF OFF its original price! It is a deep desire that all who wish to go spend a weekend with Christ have the accessibility to do so. As such, the cost of a two-night, three-day retreat including a Welcome Package with a free gift, five catered meals, snacks and beverages, all activities (hikes, talks, etc.), Saturday Vigil Mass, Confessions, and the opportunity for spiritual direction with a priest is only $85 instead of $170!
ALL young adults are WELCOME including the married, singles, young parents, and the discerning in their 20's and 30's.
Private rooms are available and nursing babies are welcome.
The Fine Print:
- Because ITE is contracted with Loyola Retreat House, our deadline for registration is FIRM (September 22nd). PLEASE do not hesitate and sign up NOW.
- ITE holds a firm belief that if you are called to come on retreat, you come on retreat regardless of your ability to pay. If in need of sincere financial aid, please reach out to Brooke at Info@TheITEProject.com. No one will be turned away.
- ITE is a dietary-accommodating organization. In the registration form, please let us know your needs and we will accommodate them as best we can, always.
- All bookings result in private rooms. Some rooms allow for double occupancy and in this instance those rooms will be granted to married couples before singles.
- Check-in will be from 6 - 7 pm on Friday. Late arrivals can be accommodated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
- Any other questions? Email us at info@TheITEProject.com and we will gladly assist!